Scottish Elopements in Glencoe
Are you thinking of a Glencoe elopement? Eloping to Glencoe in the Scottish highlands is an amazing choice!
Are you looking for an experienced and passionate Scottish photographer with a genuine love of Glencoe and a solid working (and playing!) knowledge of the area?
Glencoe elopements are dramatic, rugged, wild and romantic in equal measure and a wonderful choice when thinking about eloping to Scotland.
This diverse and beautiful natural area of Scotland is home to some of the most stunning mountains, rivers, woodland and waterfalls and should be high on anyone’s ‘must visit’ list.
It is the perfect place for an intimate ceremony or a small elopement wedding in Scotland.
I’m lucky to have been part of many elopements in the Scottish Highlands and Glencoe over the years.
I help couples with their Scottish elopement plans. Working with them to create authentic, cinematic work which matches the full drama of the Scottish landscape. Using the light, the environment and and their connection to it. I love it all!
It’s a job I never take for granted and being in these familiar hills of Glencoe I definitely work, create and breathe better.
Are you keen on a Scottish adventure, from roadside rambles to off the beaten path? With jaw dropping backdrops, fascinating history and highland hospitality? Glencoe has it all in abundance.
Mountains, Trees, Rivers and Waterfalls
If you are looking for some cool locations for your Glencoe elopement or for photography in Scotland in general then please get in touch!
I love to wander off the beaten track when I get the chance. Im lucky to have been climbing in Glencoe and all over Scotland for the past 15 years so I have a long list of places I can highly recommend.
I dont know it all, but there are some wonderful places I could point you towards for a kick off.
For more classic areas within Glencoe please check these first:
TOP LOCATIONS IN AND AROUND GLENCOE
- The Buachaille Etive Mor (Scotlands most photographed mountain, a real beauty which sits at the head of Glencoe)
- The Lost Valley ( Glencoe’s hidden valley, an hour long hike into an ancient glacial moraine)
- The Glen Etive road ( A wonderful drive down the ‘James Bond Skyfall’ road which often is home to friendly deer who like to wander closse to the road)
- Aonach Eagach Ridge (The long ridge-line which runs through Glencoe, an amazing ridge with some technical rock scrambling in parts for experienced mountain goers only, allow 8 hours, but its so worth it!)
- Pap of Glencoe ( The prominent hill at the West end of the Aonach Eagach, can be hiked easily on its own, allow up to 5 hours)
- Signal Rock( A short walk from The Clachaig in lies Signal Rock, an important historic site and beautiful woodland area, really nice spot for an elopement in Glencoe if the weather is inclement)
- Ralston Cairn (A raised area overlooking the Three Sisters, wonderful spot for an elopement wedding in Glencoe, easily accesed by a short 10min hike from the road)
- Stob Coire Nan Lochan( The next corrie along from the Lost Valley, allow at least 6 hours for the full trip)
- Stob Coire Nam Beith Path (Pathway from the cottage at Loch Achtriochtan passing some incredible waterfalls after about an hour of steep hiking!)
Elopements in Scotland are fun and adventurous and when working with local suppliers you wont have to worry about anything as we will happily guide you. But there are definitely things you should be prepared for up front.
Check out my ‘How to guide’ for more tips on everything from the legalities of eloping to Scotland to what to wear, what local suppliers and accommodation to check out and also how to pick and book your celebrant.
Please check out the latest work on my site and if you feel a connection to it I would love to hear from you!
If you need any help with eloping to Scotland, or maybe just some ideas of where to explore, please do get in touch.
I can also send you a copy of my ‘Top 5 Scottish Elopement Hacks’ guide to get you started.